Social Ministry is involved in the following ongoing projects:
We support Fair Trade by providing Fair Trade coffee at all services and functions for a free will donation.
Offers weekly tips to help community live out caring for all God's creation and connects people to working together to accomplish these tasks at home and in the community.
Our mission is "To encourage volunteer efforts and outreach that enhances the circumstances and environment of those in the surrounding community and to distribute benevolence funds."
The organizations listed below are currently supported by social Ministry:
Project Understanding http://projectunderstanding.org
Family to Family http://family2family.weebly.com/
City Center http://www.thecitycenter.org/
Caregivers; assisting the elderly http://www.vccaregivers.org
Our goals as the Social Ministry Team for 2018 are:
1. Distribute local benevolence funds on a quarterly basis
2. Inform and encourage the congregation to participate in volunteer opportunities at least twice a month
3. Supply and serve monthly Family to Family meals and support Family to Family Inc.
4. Participate in the Women’s Ministry Fair
5. Support the City Center and the families living there
6. Involve the congregation in creating food baskets for Thanksgiving as well as other opportunities in connection
with Project Understanding
7. Collect and distribute supplies to various faith-based organizations
8. Foster the development of a community-life task force that includes social ministry and community volunteer
Contact Debbie Bergevin email@example.com